2U Stock Buy or Sell? TWOU Stocks Analytic Forecasts
April 1, 2023 (04:31)
We present you the most up-to-date and complete review of analytical trend forecasts and views on the TWOU stock market. Experts share their opinions on what to expect from the 2U, Inc. stock market. How likely is the stock price to move in a bullish or bearish trend. Which should help you to make the right decision whether to Buy or Sell 2U stocks.
2U, Inc. Stock Market Experts’ Analysis and Forecasting – Sell or Buy TWOU Shares?
The most recent analytical view which can help you to answer the worrying question: Should I Buy Stocks Now or Wait? came out under the authorship of Gary Alexander and is titled
“2U: Declining Enrollments Could Threaten Profitability Plans”
is published on February 28 (2023) and has 0 likes. The review predicts market trend.
It summarize the following theses:
- Shares of 2U, the online education company, are up 40% year to date.
- The stock rallied after the company released rosy profitability plans for 2023.
- 2U is primarily achieving this through driving down sales and marketing costs. As a reminder, 2U shoulders the brunt of marketing its degree programs to prospective students.
- Enrollments are already down and will continue to suffer with lower marketing.
The author starts his analytic review with the following:
This author is very popular among the auditory. He has 25652 followers
Gary Alexander is the contributor of experts community since 2017 and has a great number of published articles – 2182.
One more noteworthy article is written by Gary Alexander under the title
“2U: This Business Will Not Stand The Test Of Time”
on December 10 (2022) and has 1 likes. The expert reflects trend of the market.
Нis theses make you think about whether to add TWOU stocks to your investment portfolio or not, and helps to work out your own 2U stock selling strategies:
- Shares of 2U have collapsed nearly 70% this year due to deterioration of business fundamentals.
- Enrollments in 2U’s full degree program are declining, only partially offset by its unprofitable alternative credential program.
- The company is saddled with nearly $1 billion of net debt.
- It has cut opex, but primarily in sales and marketing, which will hurt its growth prospects.
Gary Alexander starts analysis with such words:
I continue to hold the opinion that difficult macroeconomic times flush out the bad businesses and separate them from the good. In a bull market, a rising tide lifts all boats: but in today’s environment, investors must be especially careful to avoid stocks that have poor prospects and fundamentals.
2U (NASDAQ:TWOU) is a company I have long been wary of. The online for-profit education company has the benefit of strong partnerships with name-brand universities, but this has not helped 2U to boost its enrollments. Full-course enrollees are flat to down since the COVID era – in spite of the fact that recessions are typically thought to provide a positive lift to educational enrollments, and also in spite of 2U’s acquisition of edX.
This author is very popular among the auditory. He has 24791 followers
Gary Alexander is the contributor of experts community since 2017. Has published at least 2135 articles.
Another analysis presented by Gary Alexander came out on July 30 (2022). Obviously, coupled with the newer reviews, this forecasting could be useful to find out the best trading strategy for TWOU stocks. It sounds like
“2U: Struggling For Relevance”
Article has got 2 likes at the moment and forecasting Bearish trend of the market.
Summarizing the information presented in the review concerning the 2U, Inc., the expert says the following:
- Shares of 2U fell more than 5% after reporting Q2 results and issuing lackluster guidance, adding to a painful >50% correction year to date.
- The company is massively restructuring its business to unite under the edX brand, which the company bought last November for $800 million.
- Meanwhile, 2U’s revenue-generating degree programs are seeing declining enrollment.
- The company plans to slash marketing spend to save profitability, which may lead to more enrollment declines.
And here, what comes first:
This business model came under fire over the past year. No less than the Wall Street Journal published a critique of 2U and its partner universities for marketing expensive degree programs that saddled students with crippling debt with limited prospects for higher income. In an effort to try to re-steer its brand, last November 2U spent $800 million to acquire edX, previously a non-profit open online course website began by Harvard. It’s now doubling down on edX and proposing to move its entire business to a “platform” model under the edX umbrella.
This author is very popular among the auditory. He has 24791 followers.
Gary Alexander is the contributor of experts community since 2017 and has at least 2135 analytic reviews published.
The Share Price of 2U, Inc. (TWOU) for now
50/200 Day Moving Average: $8.68 / $7.97
The average stock price over the previous 50/200 days. For 2U stocks, the 50-day moving average is the resistance level for now. For TWOU stocks, the 200-day moving average is the resistance level today.See the Detailed Predictions for TWOU stock with charts and tables